What is DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA?
DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA is an annual event dedicated to the synthesis of insightful solutions, original ideas and professional performance while highlighting the value of good design. All the latest artwork, concepts and products are welcome to join the festival in various forms. In 2021 the festival will take place on October 11-17th.
WHY IS IT WORTH TO PARTICIPATE?
- In the last decade DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA became traditional and the biggest design event in the whole country.
- Festival is well-known and had already earned its reputation in the field of design.
- Festival is taking place in six different cities of Lithuania – Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Šiauliai, Telšiai and Anykščiai.
- Festival is organised by experienced organisation Lithuanian Design Forum.
- During the festival collaborations with governmental and education institutions, embassies and design representatives from other countries are established.
- Products and services are being presented to active and creative audience, thus providing excellent conditions for making new contacts and future collaborations.
- Systematic and trendy festival communication makes sure that your brand or event is well promoted.
2021 May – 2021 September
Online registration of participants’ applications.
2021 September 11
Last day to submit applications.
2021 October 11 – 17
DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA is taking place.
THEME & COLOR
Theme: is Symbiosis. It is a long-term relationship between different species of organisms, the simplest explanation of which would be coexistence. It is namely because of symbiosis that various organisms not only survive or reproduce more easily but are also able to evolve to the emergence of new life forms. We use this rather complex but extremely flexible term, convert it into a topic for the design field and raise questions: what form of symbiosis could be found in design and its surrounding environment? Is it possible to reconcile incompatibilities and achieve a certain level of coexistence? During this year’s festival „Design Week“, we invite you to consider together the coexistence of two closely related organisms – design and society – in symbiosis, providing mutual benefits and creating something original, fresh and necessary for today.
Color: Illuminating yellow.
- Designer windows – young designers and small brands are able to present their work in the windows of shops or cafes on the main streets of Lithuania’s cities.
- Showroom – companies that create, use design or design solutions in their practice are welcome to present their products in their showrooms or studios.
- Individual events (exhibitions, lectures, workshops) held on a particular day and time, organised by participants fill the festival program as well.
- A tour or creative workshops organized by the participant, creative studios of a company or small crafts with interesting production facilities, factories wishing to present a reasonable design, demonstrate real production technologies, important development projects, production adaptation projects.
- Sponsor for a particular part of the festival.
- Food/beverages – providing official foods and drinks for the festival; degustations; food design.
- Car – official DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA car can be presented during our events.
- Event venue – providing spaces for design exhibitions or events as well as windows for designer expositions around town.
- Merchandising – join DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA merchandising production.
- Prizes – establish prizes for a national design contest GOOD DESIGN winners or DESIGN TALKS conference.