What is DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA?
DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA is an annual event dedicated to the synthesis of insightful solutions, original ideas and professional performance while highlighting the value of good design. All the latest artwork, concepts and products are welcome to join the festival in various forms. In 2020 the festival will take place on September 21-27 in six cities of Lithuania – Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Šiauliai, Telšiai and Anykščiai.
WHY IS IT WORTH TO PARTICIPATE?
- In the last decade DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA became traditional and the biggest design event in the whole country.
- Festival is well-known and had already earned its reputation in the field of design.
- Festival is taking place in six different cities of Lithuania – Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Šiauliai, Telšiai and Anykščiai.
- Festival is organised by experienced organisation Lithuanian Design Forum.
- During the festival collaborations with governmental and education institutions, embassies and design representatives from other countries are established.
- Products and services are being presented to active and creative audience, thus providing excellent conditions for making new contacts and future collaborations.
- Systematic and trendy festival communication makes sure that your brand or event is well promoted.
2020 February – 2020 August
Online registration of participants’ applications.
2020 August 26st
Last day to submit applications.
2020 September 21 – 27
DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA is taking place.
THEME & COLOR
Theme: impact. The impact on the environment, nature, man and its state is relevant today. So we turn to the influence of design, which is difficult to exploit but impossible to deny. Design shapes our daily lives and habits. During the festival we will invite you to consider how design as a tool creates added value and how design can become an aesthetic or practical solution to the challenges of modern life. Design surrounds us everywhere and always, this time let’s take a closer look at it, let’s feel its effect each in its own way – differently. Color: cayenne orange.
- Young designers and small brands are able to present their work in the windows of shops or cafes on the main streets of Lithuania’s cities.
- Companies that create, use design or design solutions in their practice are welcome to present their production in their showrooms or studios.
- Individual events (exhibitions, lectures, workshops) held on a particular day and time, organised by participants fill the festival programme as well.
- Sponsor for a particular part of the festival.
- Food / beverages – providing official foods and drinks for the festival; degustations; food design.
- Car – official DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA 2020 car can be presented during our events.
- Wi-Fi – providing internet connection at the most important venues of the festival.
- Event venue – providing spaces for design exhibitions or events as well as windows for designer expositions around town.
- Merchandising – join DESIGN WEEK LITHUANIA 2020 merchandising production.
- Prizes – establish prizes for national design contest GOOD DESIGN winners and other contests.